"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."-Isaiah 40:31

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Time is Starting to Add Up (9/17/08)

A few of you had questions this week with regards to bugs and creatures of this nature. They are everywhere, but fortunately, even though our door doesn't close properly and there is a gap at the bottom, the bugs stay out for the most part...although I'm not sure why. The only exception is mosquitoes, which really aren't too bad as long as you have your fan on and use bug repellent.

This week brought a couple more interesting things that I wasn't expecting. The biggest issue being that they don't really have endangered species regulations here and they eat freshwater turtle eggs, which is unfortunate in my opinion. A member still had them sitting in their home when we were eating the other day. The people here continue to be very generous and give all they have for us to visit and share a message with them over lunch. We even have a family that invites us over every night for dinner, which is really awesome.

We have three baptisms for sure this month...possibly a few others. I wouldn't be surprised if we have as many as five. It's really cool to see all of our previous preparation finally having results.

As a result of all the shots I received before leaving on my mission, my health is staying pretty good. If that weren't the case, one of the many vultures that hang around our house would have carried me off by now. It's funny walking down the streets because there are little kids running everywhere. It reminds me of The Jungle Book for some reason...I don't know why.

This week is kind of crazy, so I'm going to have to call it quits for now. As for the pictures, one is in the church with a local tool they use for everything and the other is the Amazon River from the plane. Don't be deceived...it's several miles wide. Take care everybody and thanks for the emails...I really appreciate it.

-Elder Taylor Mackay

Note New Address:
Elder Taylor Michael Mackay
Brazil Manaus Mission
Rua Loris Cordovil, 1066
Alvorada I
69042-010 - Manaus - AM
Brazil

No comments: