"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."-Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Horse Whisperer

Who you calling crazy? So this week, as we walked the streets, we ran into a troubled man who looked at my name tag...then looked me in the face and asked, "What is crazy?" I looked him in the eyes and thought for a second, because in the past, I admit I have been judgmental, and then I responded, "Well, I guess crazy would be someone who knows the truth or what is right and does the complete opposite." I guess that's my new concept of crazy.

So far, this week has been really good and has strengthened my testimony of the idea: "It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult." Sure, there are some things in life that are downright hard, but the majority of our failures are a result of not even trying.

This week we have really stepped it up a notch with regards to being on the offensive: destroying procrastination with action, burying doubt under faith, and dismembering fear with confidence. I am extremely excited with our zone and all they are doing to meet the goals we established as a mission for 2010. Everyone is focusing on their areas and using the members to help them teach and baptize (essential steps that are generally absent in the majority of the areas).

Yesterday was one of the best days on the mission. No, we didn't teach a billion people, but we stepped up to the plate and took a swing with those we ARE teaching. Now, along with Simone and Pedro, we have marked the baptismal dates for Angelo (20) and Gercé (14) on 22 May, Ricardo (30) on 26 June, and Alcides (70) and Walquiria (60) the end of June!!! I'm excited to get the news of their progress even after I've left Brazil. I know on Sunday I said we had cut Alcides from our teaching list, but out of nowhere, Walquiria told us that Tuesday of next week they will be turning in the money and papers to the cartório. Everything is really coming together these last few weeks to make the process of finishing the mission a lot more enjoyable.

So, tonight at 2 a.m. we will be catching our plane to Manaus and then exactly 24 hours later we will be catching a plane back to Boa Vista. Sounds like fun right? Fortunately, the whole mission will be together, so it will be one last chance to bid farewell to my amigos and take a few pictures as well as learn some stuff from a General Authority.

Well...I'm dying, but I'm still kicking. Just in case you are wondering, it's not going to hit me until I wake up in my own bed back in Anaheim. Fortunately, just like a hero of war, I'll have the occasional benign flashback (haha).

Abração,
Elder Taylor Mackay

This keyboard is killing me...the space bar is busted.

No comments: