"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."-Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, January 29, 2009

On the Mend

Sister Mackay,

Just a quick note...I was on my way to bed and decided to see if I had any messages...I hadn't been at the computer since I emailed this morning.

Elder Cain called me this afternoon and said that Elder Mackay and Elder Hodges were on their way home (yay! He is out of the hospital!). I will not disturb them tonight; I want them to rest...it is so important right now.

This part of your email warmed my heart: "He is an amazing young man. I hope he is able to overcome these obstacles so the people of Manaus and his companions can get to know the Taylor we all love back in the states." That is great!!! Elder Mackay is a wonderful young man and has a special place in my heart. Not only because he is just great by nature, but also, he was the first North American missionary to come into the field after we arrived to the mission in late June/early July. The other missionaries that came to Manaus were Brasilian. I had a special 'tie' with Elder Mackay because he and I were learning Portuguese together...I entered the MTC in Provo on June 9 to have just 2 weeks of language training before the New Mission Presidents Seminar. I think Elder Mackay went into the CTM in São Paulo the Wednesday a week after that (the 18th). Elder Mackay is doing well in Portuguese...he had more training in the CTM and he also has the advantage of being around the people and being forced to speak the language than I do.

Well, that quick note ended up a bit longer. Elder Mackay is "on the mend" now! Yay! He has been in our prayers very often, and will continue to be! I will add a few prayers on your behalf, too!

Love,
Sister Jayme

No comments: