"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."-Isaiah 40:31

Friday, December 19, 2008

400 Meters (12/17/08)

Just like in a lot of things, I'm going to put my mission in running terms. Let's say we are running the 1600m (also known as the mile more or less). Right now I would be completing lap one...beginning lap 2, which in my opinion is the lap where you start realizing your actually racing. So, I guess these next 6 months things will become more of a reality of sorts. Nonetheless, this is the first landmark of my mission, so tonight we will be having a brief 10 minute party for me to burn one of my ties (don't worry...it's already in bad shape and is a cheap one from Wal-Mart).

This was also a landmark week with weird foods. I ate piranha (that fish with the sharp teeth that eats people) and paca (a large rodent similar to the capybara). Surprisingly, both were pretty good, and all in all, I don't think I have gotten sick from any of the food since I have been here. I'm starting to think that the long list of vaccinations was worth it.

This week was another week without baptisms, but in other terms, a week of progress. We have 3 baptisms scheduled for the following Saturday, all of which are some of the strongest investigators we have ever taught (one accepted during the first lesson).

Unfortunately, this week I don't have any pictures, but I know for sure next week will bring quite a few being the Christmas Conference and all...we (our zone) will be putting on a show. Next week is the big call home for Christmas (the first of 4...the last one of which will be right before I come home, so I'll have to let you know what I'd like for dinner).

I'm not predicting the future, but I am almost positive that this will be the last week that Elder Rocha and I will be together. One of us, for sure, is going to be transferred, and even though he has been in the area longer, I'm thinking it will be me. He will likely train one last time, and I'll be sent to a new area, but then again, I could be the one staying...who knows.

I really appreciate the letters, cards and packages (thanks grandma and grandpa and the Robinson family). It really made my day yesterday to get all of them stacked into my arms. For once in my life, I was happy to be uncomfortable carrying things. Everything is still going well here in Compensa. Since I am not sure if I will be sending an email next week, I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas...Feliz Natal. Thank you for your support.

Boas Festas,
Elder Taylor Mackay

No comments: